This Sichuan cold noodle is our family’s favourite dish
in the summer. Because both my parents are from Sichuan, most of our family
meals are made with Sichuan style. You may find some Sichuan recipes from this
website, such as Sichuna bean sprout, twice cooked pork bellies and Red Cooked
Ji Yu (carp).
used here are similar to those used in Sichuna bean sprout recipe, in
which salt, sugar, vinegar and chilli are the key ingredients to make the sauce
for cold noodle.
In this Sichuan cold noodle recipe, apart from the sauce, I also
use the ingredients such as leek and ginger, plus some cooked prawn and hotdog
sausages, which add bit more flavour to the noodle.
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 15 mins
- cooked prawn and hotdog sausages
- 1 tbsp Chinese chilli bean sauce
- 3 red whole dried chillies
- Cut the leek into thin threads, chop the ginger.
- Chop cooked prawn and hotdog sausage into small
- For noodle sauce, mix the salt, sugar, vinegar
and sesame oil. Set aside
- Cook the noodle according to the pack
instruction, and drain well.
- Heat the frying pan over a high heat. When hot,
- Add chopped dry chillies, leek, ginger, chilli
bean paste and light soy sauce cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add prawn
and hotdog sausages, mix and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Place the noodle in a large serving bowl, add the
cooked ingredients and prepared noodle sauce, mix well.
- Top the noodle with chopped spring onions and serve.
- After the noodle is cooked, you may use cold
water to refresh the noodle, or add some oil to avoid the noodle to be sticky
You may also like
Sichuan style Chicken Noodle, Sichuan bean sprout and twice cooked pork bellies.
Hope you like this simple Sichuan cold noodle dish. If so, please share with others :-).
(Post: 12/04/13; Update: 15/07/13)
Back To Top
Like It? Share It!