Love Chinese noodle dish? Check this easy Chinese recipe for noodle fried with crunchy green beans and smoked pork sausages. Perfect choice for a quick light meal.
Chinese love noodles, not only because it is easy to cook, but also it offers so many options, from a snack dish to three main meals.
You can make a noodle dish with different ingredients as well, no matter it is with meat, vegetables, even leftovers. (You can see my other recipe for Noodles Fried with Leftover Chicken)
For example, we can have a cold noodle dish in the summer, or a warm noodle soup for the breakfast, this noodle fried with vegetables and meat is a perfect choice for lunch or a quick dinner.
Prep Time: 5 mins, Cook Time: 15 mins
- 150g noodle
- 2 smoked hotdog pork sausages
- 100g trimmed green beans
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
Method for Chinese Noodle Fried with Beans & Sausages
- Cut the hotdog sausages into small pieces.
- Wash the green beans. As they are already trimmed, save your time.
- Bring the water to a boil and drop the noodle. Cook for 3-4 minutes or follow the instruction on pack. You may adjust the time according to what kind noodle you use, but better not overcook it otherwise the noodle will become too soft and sticky.
- Drain the noodle. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the wok or frying pan, add the oil and wait it becomes hot. Add the pork sausages to fry till the surface turns golden brown (about 3-5 minutes, may vary depending on the heat you used).
- Add the green beans and fry with the sausages. Add bit salt for the beans if needed. Fry till the green beans are cooked. I won’t leave this too long (maybe around 5 minutes), otherwise the beans would lose their nature green colour and turn to brown.
- Once the beans are cooked, add the noodle. Add few drops of oyster sauce to make the noodle more tasty.
- The oyster sauce is available from most of Chinese food market, even in the UK. If you don't have it, use light soy sauce is fine.
- Fry the noodle with beans and smoked sausages for about 3 minutes so the flavour can get blended with the noodle. Once cooked, place the fried noodle on the plate and serve at once.
- Do not boil the noodle too long, (unless you use Italy spaghetti), otherwise the noodle will become sticky which won’t be good for frying.
Well, that's it. Hope you will try it and like it. Please share with your friends.
If you like Chinese noodle dish, you may also check my recipe for Sichuan cold noodle and other Chinese noodle recipes. You may also check my Youtube Channel to watch our Chinese home cooking videos.
(Post: 15/11/2013; Update: 12/10/2016)
Like It? Share It!